Time: Tue, Jun 25 - Tue, Aug 6, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The wild places are where we began. When they end, so do we.
Join instructor Melissa Barbour for one, some, or all of this summer series of writing classes. Her approach starts with the belief that everyone is a writer, so all comfort levels are welcome and wanted for these workshops. Prompts are designed to inspire all, and provide opportunities to celebrate our natural world.
“So many times, I think about the multitudes of stories about our watersheds that will never be heard because no one listened, and/or no one wrote the stories down. This summer, for six Tuesdays, we will go to wild places of our memories and preserve some of those precious and important stories. Through creative journaling, practice, sharing, and, ultimately on-line production, stories of our watershed will not end when we do.”
June 25, Waldoboro office. Register here
Introduction to Creative Journaling and Writing for Posterity:
- Sentence stems: Getting started
- 5-minute sprints: Expanding Ideas
- Structured Writing: Time to shape the ideas into something beautiful.
July 9, Palermo Preserve, Palermo. Register here
Lists: Great for getting started and reluctant writers.
- Community Journal: Try keeping one in your kitchen, or in your office space, perhaps at a kiosk.
- Captured Moment: Art and Photography- “The Mary Poppins Experience”
July 16, Waldoboro office. Register here
Unsent Letters: Who inspired your love for nature? Bring a photo of them with you.
- Character Sketches: Ten Symbols
- Interviews: Favorite Quote
July 23, Hidden Valley Nature Center, Jefferson. Register here
Dialogue: Let the Preserve Speak
- “ABC” and “Happily Ever After”- Ideas from childhood through songs and fairy tales
- Narratives: Favorite Memory-Use photos if you have any
July 30, Waldoboro office. Register here
Poetry and Music: “The Mary Poppins Experience” Take #2
- Listen to a selection of music: Go where the wild things are.
August 6, Waldoboro office. Register here
Pair and Share and Exhibit
The workshops are free; just bring your own notebook.
There is a class limit so please choose classes you know you will be able to attend, and let us know if you are unable to make one you do register for so we can make your spot available to someone else!