The Pond Cabin is our nature center’s 4-season getaway. The 20’x 20’ cabin is situated right above the shore of Little Dyer Pond. It is a quiet, special place and one of our two insulated cabins, making it a perfect winter retreat!
A group of ten students in one of our timber frame workshops built the Pond Cabin in 2014. The beams are white pine and were harvested right here at HVNC as part of our award-winning forestry work.
Distance from Parking: 1.5 miles
Number of occupants: up to 10 (you’ll be cozy) with additional tent space nearby
Here’s what you can count on at when you stay at the Pond Cabin:
- A loft (10’x20′) with space for up to 6 to sleep. Many more can sleep downstairs. There are 2 cots.
- A wood stove and firewood
- A tea pot to boil water
- A table with benches
- A picnic table
- An outhouse (usually with t.p.)
Here’s what you’ll need to bring:
- Sleeping bags and pads
- WATER – there is no potable water source nearby
- Light (headlamps, lanterns, candles)
- Cookware & utensils
- TP (just in case)
- Paper to start fire
- Kindling or saw/hatchet to make kindling
- An HVNC map
- A positive attitude!
- Please pack out all your waste – Leave No Trace
- Never use a camp stove inside
- No smoking anywhere at HVNC
- Campfires in designated rings only
- Check in at 1 pm, check out at noon
- 40% discount for members (Not a member? Join now!)
- NOTE! When checking out, click the PayPal button; you will then have the choice of using any credit card.
To make a reservation, use our reservation calendar to determine availability and make a donation. When reserving, choose only the nights you want to stay, NOT your check-out date. No more than 7 consecutive nights at any hut. Please note: member rates will be reflected at check out by entering the member coupon code. Donation includes use of the building, day use fees and canoe use. A reservation is not confirmed until payment is received. Donations help Midcoast Conservancy support and promote healthy lands, waters, wildlife and communities in Midcoast Maine through conservation, education and recreation.
*Cancellations: There are no refunds for postponed, or canceled reservations.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance receive credit for another stay
- Cancellations due to extreme weather may get a credit (subject to staff approval) for another stay within one year