HVNC has two tent sites on the shore of Little Dyer Pond. Little Dyer is a secluded great pond with no points of public access – where else can you get that in Midcoast Maine! The pond is quiet, has a few small islands, and extensive wetland habitat at its north and south ends. Whether you’re an angler, botanist, artist, or just someone looking for a quiet place to camp either of Little Dyer Pond campsites will suit you well.
The South Campsite is only about 1.5 miles from the parking area. There is no platform, but plenty of smoothed and cleared ground – enough to pitch three backpacking tents. The canoes and boathouse are very close. The South Campsite features a picnic table and fire pit right on the shore of the lake.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring:
- All your normal tent camping gear
- WATER – there is no potable water at HVNC
- Consider bringing a sled to haul gear if there is snow on the ground.
- An HVNC map
- A positive attitude!
- Pack out all your waste – Leave No Trace
- No smoking anywhere at HVNC!
- Campfires in designated rings only.
$20/night for up to 2 tents. Parties larger than 2 tents should check about group pricing before making a reservation. 40% discount for members! (Not a member? Join now!)
NOTE! When checking out, click the PayPal button; you will then have the choice of using any credit card.
To make a reservation, use our reservation calendar to determine availability and make a donation. When reserving, choose only the nights you want to stay, NOT your check-out date. Please note: member rates will be reflected at check out by entering the member coupon code. Donation includes use of the building, day use fees and canoe use. A reservation is not confirmed until payment is received. Donations help Midcoast Conservancy support and promote healthy lands, waters, wildlife and communities in Midcoast Maine through conservation, education and recreation.
*Cancellations: There are no refunds for postponed, or canceled reservations.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance receive credit for another stay
- Cancellations due to extreme weather may get a credit (subject to staff approval) for another stay within one year