HVNC has two tent sites on the shore of Little Dyer Pond. Little Dyer is a secluded great pond with no points of public access – where else can you get that in Midcoast Maine! The pond is quiet, has a few small islands, and extensive wetland habitat at its north and south ends. Whether you’re an angler, botanist, artist, or just someone looking for a quiet place to camp either of Little Dyer Pond campsites will suit you well.
The South Campsite is only about 1.5 miles from the parking area. There is no platform, but plenty of smoothed and cleared ground – enough to pitch three backpacking tents. The canoes and boathouse are very close. The South Campsite features a picnic table and fire pit right on the shore of the lake.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring:
- All your normal tent camping gear
- Water containers: there is a pump at the Barn
- Consider bringing a sled to haul gear if there is snow on the ground.
- An HVNC map
- A positive attitude!
- Pack out all your waste – Leave No Trace
- No smoking anywhere at HVNC!
- Campfires in designated rings only.
$20/night for up to 2 tents. Parties larger than 2 tents should check about group pricing before making a reservation. 40% discount for members! (Not a member? Join now!)
- READ BEFORE YOU CHECK OUT: Have your credit card ready; any interruption in the process will lock you out of completing your reservation. When checking out, click the PayPal button; you will then have the choice of using any credit card. To use your member discount, put MemberSavings in the box, then click on the green check mark. Do not proceed until you see the discount applied. [The “Empty Cart” button will cancel your reservation; only hit it if that is your intention!]
- When reserving, choose only the nights you want to stay, NOT your check-out date. No more than 7 consecutive nights at any site. Donation includes use of the site, day use fees and canoe use. A reservation is not confirmed until payment is received. Donations help Midcoast Conservancy support and promote healthy lands, waters, wildlife and communities in Midcoast Maine through conservation, education and recreation.
*Cancellations: There are no refunds for postponed, or canceled reservations.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance receive credit for another stay
- Cancellations due to extreme weather may get a credit (subject to staff approval) for another stay within one year