This is Midcoast Conservancy’s newest building. Enjoy southern exposures and lovely view from the yurt on Sugar Ridge which is three quarters of a mile from the parking lot. The Yurt is spacious, and great in all seasons. Book for an overnight stay or for gatherings during the day.
- 1 bed with a mattress, a bunk bed, and lots of floor space
- Big deck with charcoal grill & picnic table
- Woodstove & firewood
- table and chairs
What to Bring:
- all your water/food (There is NO potable water)
- a personal mug, utensils, eating bowl or plate (paper plates can be burned in stove)
- sleeping pad and bags (there is one mattress)
- cookware & utensils
- candles/lights/matches, paper to start fire
- HVNC map
- a positive attitude!
- Please pack out all your waste – Leave No Trace
- Never use a camp stove inside
- No smoking anywhere at HVNC
- Campfires in designated rings only
- Check in at 1 pm, check out at noon
- 40% discount for members (Not a member? Join now!)
- READ BEFORE YOU CHECK OUT: Have your credit card ready; any interruption in the process will lock you out of completing your reservation. When checking out, click the PayPal button; you will then have the choice of using any credit card. To use your member discount, put MemberSavings in the box, then click on the green check mark. Do not proceed until you see the discount applied. [The “Empty Cart” button will cancel your reservation; only hit it if that is your intention!]
- When reserving, choose only the nights you want to stay, NOT your check-out date. No more than 7 consecutive nights at any hut. Donation includes use of the building, day use fees and canoe use. A reservation is not confirmed until payment is received. Donations help Midcoast Conservancy support and promote healthy lands, waters, wildlife and communities in Midcoast Maine through conservation, education and recreation.
*Cancellations: There are no refunds for postponed, or canceled reservations.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance receive credit for another stay
- Cancellations due to extreme weather may get a credit (subject to staff approval) for another stay within one year