Haybale Hut sits on top the height of land just north of Lower Haybale Pond . With 6 plywood bunks and additional floor space, this spacious hut is perfect for families or friend groups to enjoy year round. This 4-season getaway is fully insulated, keeping guests cozy and comfortable no matter the season. Enjoy time in the hut or on the deck soaking in south westerly views of the nearby treetops.
NOTE: On the HVNC map, Haybale Hut has replaced the North Yurt, so its location is currently denoted as “North Yurt”.
Picnic table outside
Camp fire ring
Charcoal grill ( you’ll need to bring your own charcoal)
4 bunks in the loft
2 bunks on the main level ( for a total of 6 bunks)
What to Bring:
- sleeping pad as the bunks are plywood only ( no padding)
- water containers: there is a pump at the Barn
- a personal mug, utensils, eating bowl or plate (paper plates can be burned in stove)
- sleeping bags
- cookware & utensils
- candles/lights/matches, paper to start fire
- HVNC map
- a positive attitude!
- Please pack out all your waste – Leave No Trace
- Personal camp stoves are not allowed inside. If you bring one, please use it outside only
- No smoking allowed anywhere
- Campfires in designated rings only
- Check in at 1 pm, check out at noon
- 40% discount for members (Not a member? Join now!)
- READ BEFORE YOU CHECK OUT: Have your credit card ready; any interruption in the process will lock you out of completing your reservation. When checking out, click the PayPal button; you will then have the choice of using any credit card. To use your member discount, put MemberSavings in the box, then click on the green check mark. Do not proceed until you see the discount applied. [The “Empty Cart” button will cancel your reservation; only hit it if that is your intention!]
- When reserving, choose only the nights you want to stay, NOT your check-out date. No more than 7 consecutive nights at any hut. Donation includes use of the building, day use fees and canoe use. A reservation is not confirmed until payment is received. Donations help Midcoast Conservancy support and promote healthy lands, waters, wildlife and communities in Midcoast Maine through conservation, education and recreation.
*Cancellations: There are no refunds for postponed, or canceled reservations.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance receive credit for another stay
- Cancellations due to extreme weather may get a credit (subject to staff approval) for another stay within one year