This is Midcoast Conservancy’s most popular building and for good reason. Perched on top of a ridge a half mile from the parking lot, the Yurt is easily accessible, spacious, and great in all seasons. The Yurt can be booked for an overnight stay, or for gatherings during the day.
- 3 bunk beds with lots of floor space
- Big deck with outside grill & covered picnic table
- Woodstove & firewood
- 2 burner gas camp stove (bring your own propane)
- tea pot to boil water
- table and chairs
- outhouse (usually with t.p)
What to Bring:
- all your water/food (There is NO potable water)
- a personal mug, utensils, eating bowl or plate (paper plates can be burned in stove)
- sleeping bags (there are mattresses)
- cookware & utensils
- candles/lights/matches, paper to start fire
- HVNC map
- Propane (small green bottle) if you plan to use the stove
- a positive attitude!
- Please pack out all your waste – Leave No Trace
- Personal camp stoves are not allowed inside. If you bring one, please use it outside only
- No smoking allowed anywhere
- Campfires in designated rings only
- Check in at 1 pm, check out at noon
- 40% discount for members (Not a member? Join now!)
- NOTE! When checking out, click the PayPal button; you will then have the choice of using any credit card.
To make a reservation, use our reservation calendar to determine availability and make a donation. When reserving, choose only the nights you want to stay, NOT your check-out date. No more than 7 consecutive nights at any hut. Please note: member rates will be reflected at check out by entering the member coupon code. Donation includes use of the building, day use fees and canoe use. A reservation is not confirmed until payment is received. Donations help Midcoast Conservancy support and promote healthy lands, waters, wildlife and communities in Midcoast Maine through conservation, education and recreation.
*Cancellations: There are no refunds for postponed, or canceled reservations.
- Cancellations made more than 7 days in advance receive credit for another stay
- Cancellations due to extreme weather may get a credit (subject to staff approval) for another stay within one year